NRO Canoe Rental Resort Policy & Terms and Conditions
Lodging check in is 4pm and check out is 11am. These times are strictly enforced unless prior arrangements have been made with NRO staff. There will be a 20.00 per hour late fee for late check outs.
- All guests will need to check in at the office to collect a car tag before checking into the cabin. If a guest arrives after hours you will need to check in the following morning and If you will be checking in after store hours please contact the NRO office (417) 532-6333 in advance to get your after hours check in information.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING of any sort in the cabin! If our cabin staff finds that you have smoked in the cabin there will be a 250.00 cleaning fee applied to the reservation holders credit card that is on file in our office and also for any damage or stolen items from the cabin. If excessive cleaning or repairs are required, an additional fee will be applied.
- When booking a cabin, we recommend you book your float trip at that time to assure we can accommodate your request.
- Pets are welcome with an additional fee. Dogs must be kept on a leash and cleaned up after while on NRO property.
Campers are responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and regulations:
NOTICE: Non-compliance of campground rules could result in the eviction of the campground. No money will be refunded!
- Camping Check-in is 3pm, Check-out is 11am.
- All radios must be kept at a moderate volume level and must be turned off at midnight (12am).
- Quiet time is from 12 pm to 6 am. All vehicles must be parked and remain parked after 10 pm. Non-compliance can result in eviction from the campground.
- The speed limit is 5 mph in the campground!
- Niangua River Oasis makes every effort to provide you with a clean, well-maintained campsite. Please help us maintain the natural beauty of the Niangua River by using our dumpsters throughout the campground to deposit your waste. Keep the Ozarks clean. Don’t leave trash at your campsite. We ask campers to leave their campsite the same way they found it.
- Campground A is our Party camping on weekends and is not family friendly. Please ask where our Family camping is located.
Float Trip Policy
Following is our Trip Information:
14 Mile: NRO to OLDHAMS RIVERVIEW
Departure times between 8am-9am
- 4 to 5 hours in a canoe or kayak
- 6 to 8 hours in a raft
Note: You must be past Rendezvous Point before 1:00 pm in order to continue on to Oldham. (water level after Rendezvous Point is very low and slow) All vessels must be off the water before 6pm. (5pm in off season) Late take-outs will be charged 75.00 per vessel. No exceptions!
7 Mile: NRO to RENDEZVOUS POINT
Departure times between 8am-2pm
- 2 to 4 hours in a canoe or kayak
- 3 to 5 hours in a raft or innertube (inner tubes must be in the water before noon)
Note: All vessels must be off the water before 6pm. (5pm in off season)
Late take-outs after 6pm (5pm in off season) will be charged 75.00 per vessel. No exceptions!
SUNDAY — FRIDAY
4 Mile BENNETT to NRO
Departure times between 8am-3pm
- 1 to 3 hours in a canoe or kayak
- 3 to 4 hours in a raft or innertube
Note: All vessels must be off the water before 6:00 pm. (5pm in off season) Late take-outs after 6pm (5pm in off season) will be charged 75.00 per vessel late fee. No exceptions!
SUNDAY — FRIDAY
11 Mile BENNETT TO RENDEZVOUS POINT
Departure times between 8am-10am
- 4 to 5 hours in a canoe or kayak
- 5 to 7 hours in raft
Note: You must be past NRO before 2pm in order to continue on to Rendezvous. All vessels must be off the water before 6pm. (5pm in off season) Late take-outs after 6pm (5pm in off season) will be charged 75.00 per vessel late fee. No exceptions!
- Floating hours may vary depending on water level, how much you paddle, how much you stop along the river.
- Mileage is not exact
- In Season: May thru Sept last take out time is 6:00 pm daily
- Off Season: October thru April last take out time is 5pm daily
- Remember that land along both sides of the river is privately owned. Please stay in authorized campground areas only.
- Help us keep the river clean and free of litter. Trash bags are available and we do pick up all trash at the end of your trip.
- Absolutely no glass on the river or in canoes, rafts, tubes or kayaks. It’s the law!
Other Floating Information & Resort Policy
- Floating is both good exercise and great fun experienced outdoors. It is an enjoyable way to spend a day with friends and family. As a participant, you have responsibilities, one should always show courtesy to your fellow floaters, which also includes the Niangua River Oasis Staff.
- Be aware, as, with any sport, there is some inherent risk that personal awareness and common sense can reduce. Never float under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We provide a litterbag with each floating vessel, keep it until the end of the trip. Observe all posted signs and warnings.
- The Missouri State Water Patrol patrols these waters. Most property along the river’s edge is privately owned and is often marked with purple paint meaning NO TRESPASSING! Please do NOT stop or camp on those bluffs or riverbanks.
- We cannot assume responsibility for personal injury, medical payments, or property loss or damage. You will be asked to acknowledge this by signing a liability waiver before the outing begins.
- The cost of your float includes transportation, the normal use of the vessel, paddles, trash bags, and life jackets.
- Please treat our canoes, rafts, kayaks, and equipment with the same respect as if they were your own. We expect normal wear and tear on our canoes, and for that, we do not charge. In the event a canoe or raft is damaged beyond normal wear and tear, then we expect to be reimbursed appropriately about the damage. If you abandon your canoe or raft or it is lost or stolen, you will be asked to pay for it. If everyone follows the rules of common courtesy, every floater will have a safe and rewarding adventure.
- Rain Check/Weather Policy Inclement weather for activities is up to the discretion of NRO management. If it is raining on the day of your float we will issue a rain check. Raincheck is good for one year from the date issued.
- Cancellation Policy is 14 days in advance after 14 days there is NO REFUND it goes on a rain check/credit policy that’s good for 1 year. If flooding is an issue and the river is not floatable, there is NO REFUND and your reservation would go on a rain check/credit policy good for 1 year.
- Floating Liability Waiver: Don’t delay you float trip! Please have everyone on your reservation to sign their liability waiver electronically on their own phone prior to your arrival to NRO. (parents must sign for minors) You can copy and paste the waiver link in a private text or group text message to everyone in your group. The link will be in your confirmation email……. it says sign these waivers.
- Vehicle’s can be registered online! All vehicles must stop at office and get a car tag before entering the campground
Missouri State Law requires 1. Every person has a lifejacket, adults do not have to wear them, but they do have to be accessible. Children 7 and under always must wear a lifejacket even when wading in the water (to ensure proper fit, we recommend bringing your own child’s life jacket) 2. Do Not tie canoes, rafts, kayaks, or tubes together. 3. Do not take Styrofoam coolers or any type of glass on the river.
You must be off the water before 6pm. If you are after 6pm you are subject to a second day rental charge.
Property Rules & Regulations
NRO’s Office Hours are:
- In season office hours are: 8am to 8pm Sunday thru Thursday.
- Fridays we’re open 24 Hours.
- Saturdays we’re open until 2am.
- NRO Rule # 1: NO Base. All music must be kept at a moderate volume level and must be turned off from 12 midnight to 6am.
- Quiet time is from 12 midnight to 6am and all vehicles must be parked and remain parked after 12 midnight.
- Speed limit 5 mph in the campground.
- No ATVs, or Dirt bikes. No firearms!! NO fireworks!!
- No glass bottles, beer bongs, no kegs or containers containing more than 4 gallons of alcohol.
- No littering- dumpsters and trash bags are available. Please no cans or bottles in fire pits.
- Do not cut or damage trees.
- Pets must always be kept on a leash while in the campground and are the responsibility of the owner. NO aggressive dogs.
- Due to the Ash Borer Beetle we do not allow firewood to be brought into our campground. We sell firewood at both NRO stores.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
The Missouri State Water Patrol and the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department make periodic, unscheduled patrols in the campground.
NRO Security and the Dallas County Deputies patrol the campground on Friday and Saturday nights. If you have any problems, the NRO Office is open 24 hours on Friday and closes at 2 am on Saturday.
Management reserves the right to EVICT persons for non-compliance with the above rules! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Reservation Terms & Conditions:
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel/change your reservation you have 14 days prior to your check in date, after 14 days there are NO refunds. It will go on a rain check/credit that is good for 1 year. If flooding is an issue and the river is not floatable, there are no refunds and your reservation would go on a rain check/credit that is good for 1 year.
Rain Check/Weather Policy: Inclement weather for activities is up to the discretion of NRO management. If it is raining on the day of your float, we will issue a rain check if you would like. Your rain check is good for 1 year.
Quiet Hours Policy: Please be respectful of neighboring campers. Normal noise level is to be maintained at all hours. Security will enforce quiet hours when necessary. Guest that are repeatedly asked to adhere to the quit hours policy will be escorted off NRO property. If a fellow camper next to you is being disruptive or inappropriate at any time, please report this to our Security.